Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gift Economy Moving Ahead!

Participating in a gift economy: Are you givin... Open gifts everyday! Image by opensourceway via Flickr
As you may have noticed the blog posts have not been as regular as I would like but that is about to change. In association with Double Foot Productions and kjwriteleft.com (my other sites) I am working to integrate these sites together. If you have seen the Double Foot Productions site you would know I offer assistance and advice (as a gift!) to any worthwhile individual or organisation. This is my experimental business model incorporating a 'gift economy' with standard commerce. 

I hope to see this work outas it will mean more posts on this site as well as related features on my other websites. Heading towards Christmas I will be having some continuing discussions on "Gifts" in general and the general problems presented when gifts become purely about money and influence. Along with these discussions I will bring up some new points on people and places that are 'gift giving' everyday, even if they don't know it! I hope to highlight some work of great people who would otherwise never get a mention, so if you have a worthwhile idea, organisation or website then please let me know and you may get a huge amount of free publicity (gifted of course!) 

As always I wish all of you the best and look forward to building this blog with all of you and any guest bloggers are always welcome if you have a relevant topic.  

-KJ Halliday Editor of Gift Economy Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment