Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome to "The Gift Economy" An Experiment

The Park House Club in Cardiff, wrapped as a giftImage via Wikipedia
A brief outline:
After starting an online business I realised that I could use what I know to help other people. It is a very basic principle where I am aiming to improve altruism or the skill of giving. I have available on my website Double Foot Productions a section called the Gift Economy which offers writers, artists and not for profit organisations free website design and promotion. While this sounds strange to have the focus of the business on non-paying customers it is the foundation of paying customers that will make this work. I have also started this blog with intentions of helping to spread this idea to other individuals and businesses.


  
Everyday gift giving:
Gifts don't have to be just for special occasions. Think about when you last gave someone some change at a register when that person was short five cents or when you hold open a door for someone. These are all gifts in different scales. When we really think about how kind most of the human race is it is no wonder that the urge for social justice is strong. With this website I will share stories of 'gifts' given and on my own work sharing. Thank you for taking an interest in my blog and I will keep this up do date and expanding whenever I get a chance to do so. If you have skills, services or products that you would like to offer up as gifts to whoever may need them please contact me via my websites. I will happily post articles on your proposals. Welcome to my experiment and my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment